Potter 4064December 9, 2021
Potter UD 1000
Key Features of the Potter UD 1000
- Allows for communication to Monitoring Station
- Communicates using SIA-DCS or Ademco Contact ID Protocols
- For use with 6000 series and P series Addressable Panels
- Status LEDs indicate operation of DACT card
- Installs with ease behind main panel LCD display via User Interface bracket
- Device address is set by dipswitches located on DACT card
- Installation materials including 4 pin connector and screw are supplied with DACT card
- UUKL Listed with Smoke Control
The UD-1000 Digital Alarm Communicator Transmitter (DACT)
Provides for up to two (2) phone lines for communication to a monitoring station. The UD-1000 communicates using the SIADCS or Ademco Contact ID protocols. When enabled, the DACT automatically monitors each phone line or voltage and has the ability to seize the line and connect with a remote receiver. Once the communication is complete, the DACT will hang up.
The DACT is provided with an RJ-11 jack for each phone line and a RJ-11 to RJ-33 cord. In order for the DACT to work properly, it must be installed on a plain old telephone service (POTS) line or equivalent deemed by the authority having jurisdiction. The DACT must be installed before any other equipment to ensure it can seize the phone line.
Phone lines are high voltage and should be run in a separate conduit from other circuits. The wire conductors connecting the DACT to the phone system should be 26 AWG or larger.